Sunday, July 4, 2010

Watching Movies Together


Watching movies with my daughter is definitely an experience! It's amazing how she learns what to laugh at, where to laugh and simply how to enjoy a movie. She really follows what we do: she laughs when we laugh and even sometimes comment on what she heard or saw.


One of her favorite movies (and mine as well) is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The new one with Johnny Depp. I really LOVE Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka. There are so many messages too for both children and parents. Initially, I thought the singing would've irritated me BUT some of the songs are quite catchy. They are funny and again, there are messages within them. She particularly likes the songs where the kid changes into a blueberry and when another kid attempted to grab a squirrel. She claims they are groovy. For the record, I didn't teach her that, she came up with it on her own.


So I encourage parents to enjoy these moments, watching movies with their young. There's so much one can learn from them and their reactions to what they see or understand.

No comments: